North Texas Super Youth Circuit and Cadet
North Texas Super Youth Circuit and Cadet Aug 31, 2013 - Sep 2, 2013
Sponsored by Absolute Fencing Triple fee period through 11:59 PM CDT, August 27th. Armoury open on Friday, 8/30 at 6pm for equipment inspection.
Irving Convention Center: Irving , TX
Email the Organizer
Map to 500 West Las Colinas Boulevard Irving TX 75039
The armoury will be open for equipment inspection starting at 6pm at the Convention Center on Friday, August 30th. Competitors in early events on Saturday are encouraged to come in at that time for equipment check.
Triple-Fee Registration period in effect.
NEW OVERFLOW HOTEL INFORMATION - PLEASE SEE BELOW
FRED Announces the North Texas Super Youth Circuit and Cadet hosted by The North Texas Fencing Tournament Coalition, a cooperative venture of the Fencing Institute of Texas, Cutting Edge Fencing Club, Gold Blade Fencing Club, and North Texas Fencing Alliance. Sponsored by ABSOLUTE FENCING GEAR.
Download Waiver here:
This is a National Qualifier for Youth 10, 12, and 14 events. Fencers must show proof they are COMPETITIVE members of the USFA.
TOURNAMENT CHECK-IN PROCEDURES
You will not be allowed to fence, no matter what events you participated in last season, without proof of USFA competitive membership and age verification.Birth Year Eligibility
- Youth fencers must check-in with their membership card or a letter of good standing. Athletes without proof of membership must fill out all appropriate forms to pay for membership. Payment will be returned if membership can be verified.
- USA Fencing is working towards an age verification process. An athlete can submit a copy of their birth certificate or passport to the National Office via email, mail or fax and they will verify the DOB in the database. Once the date of birth has been verified, it is indicated on permanent and temporary membership cards.
- This season, parents should come prepared with ONE of the following in case the fencer's age needs verification for eligibility purposes or submit one of the following to: email@example.com:
1. A government issued photo ID with date of birth included
2. A copy of birth certificate
Y10 2003-2006Awards will be given to the top eight finishers in each eventEvent | Date | Registration Closes
Cadet (U17) 1997-2000
- Special Notes about Birth Year vs National Points List to determine Eligibility:
- The North Texas SYC is August 31 - September 2, using birth year eligibility for the 2013-2014 season. Age eligibility for events is determined by BIRTH YEAR, not age at time of participation.
- If you are not eligible by BIRTH YEAR, but have NATIONAL POINTS for the age group younger than the event you want to enter, you must contact the organizers and request they enter you into the event for which you are not age eligible. You will be asked to download the entry form and mail payment to NTFTC. Pay only for that event. For example, if you are born in 2001, you may only enter CADET if you are on the Youth 14 National Points List for the same weapon.
- At this time, askfred will not let you register and pay for an event for which you are not age eligible.
Cadet Men's Epee | 8:00 AM Mon
Cadet Men's Foil | 8:00 AM Sun
Cadet Men's Sabre | 8:00 AM Sat
Cadet Women's Epee | 8:00 AM Sat
Cadet Women's Foil | 12:30 PM Sun
Cadet Women's Sabre | 1:00 PM Sat
Youth 10 Events
Y10 Men's Epee | 9:30 AM Mon
Y10 Men's Foil | 11:30 AM Sun
Y10 Men's Sabre | 9:00 AM Sat
Y10 Women's Epee | 1:00 PM Sat
Y10 Women's Foil | 9:00 AM Sun
Y10 Women's Sabre | 1:00 PM Sat
Youth 12 Events
Y12 Men's Epee | 11:30 AM Sat
Y12 Men's Foil | 12:00 PM Mon
Y12 Men's Sabre | 8:00 AM Mon
Y12 Women's Epee | 9:30 AM Mon
Y12 Women's Foil | 11:30 AM Sat
Y12 Women's Sabre | 12:00 PM Mon
Youth 14 EventsEvents by Registration Times
Y14 Men's Epee | 8:00 AM Sun
Y14 Men's Foil | 8:00 AM Sat
Y14 Men's Sabre | 12:30 PM Sun
Y14 Women's Epee | 11:30 AM Sun
Y14 Women's Foil | 8:00 AM Mon
Y14 Women's Sabre | 8:00 AM Sun
Saturday, August 31, 2013FEES:
Cadet Men's Sabre | 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM Sat
Cadet Women's Epee | 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM Sat
Y14 Men's Foil | 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM Sat
Y10 Men's Sabre | 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Sat
Y12 Men's Epee | 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM Sat
Y12 Women's Foil | 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM Sat
Cadet Women's Sabre | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Sat
Y10 Women's Epee | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Sat
Y10 Women's Sabre | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Sat
Sunday, Sep 1, 2013
Y14 Women's Sabre | 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM Sun
Cadet Men's Foil | 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM Sun
Y14 Men's Epee | 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM Sun
Y10 Women's Foil | 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Sun
Y14 Women's Epee | 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM Sun
Y10 Men's Foil | 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM Sun
Cadet Women's Foil | 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM Sun
Y14 Men's Sabre | 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM Sun
Monday, Sep 2, 2013
Cadet Men's Epee | 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM Mon
Y12 Men's Sabre | 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM Mon
Y14 Women's Foil | 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM Mon
Y10 Men's Epee | 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM Mon
Y12 Women's Epee | 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM Mon
Y12 Men's Foil | 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Mon
Y12 Women's Sabre | 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Mon
Registration fees before 12:01 AM CDT August 12EQUIPMENT GUIDELINES
- Registration: $40.00
- Event Fees: $30:00
Triple fee registration period August 12 - 11:59 PM CDT, August 27
- Registration: $120.00
- Event Fees: $90:00
Additional $200 late fee starts August 28, 2013
Registration fee is not refundable. Last day to request refund of entry fees is August 25, 2012. Refunds will be processed within 3 weeks after the tournament. Refund request should be sent to:firstname.lastname@example.org
If registering on askfred, registration is not complete until payment is made. Registrations not paid on askfred by 12:01 AM August 30 will be deleted from the askfred fencer list for this tournament. You may still register at the door.
PAPER ENTRY: A paper entry form is available to download and mail with a check here: http://www.fenceintexas.org/Downloads/NTxSYC_Entry%20form.pdf
- Standard fencing uniforms; cannot have any rips, tears, or holes. Warm-up pants are not allowed. Fencing glove must cover half of the forearm. Names on uniforms are not required per SYC guidelines.
- Standard fencing plastron; required with every uniform; women must wear chest protector.
- Mask: 12K punch test. Sewn-in or channel (Leon Paul X-change style) bib. Conductive Bib in foil is required. Elastic strap at back of mask is required.
- The maximum blade length permitted for Y10 competitions is 32.5 inches. This requirement shall be strictly enforced. Y12, Y14 and Cadet competitions, standard blade length of 30-35" permitted.
- Any attachment to a weapon's handle must fix the hand in one position such that the top of the thumb is no more than 2 cm from the inner surface of the guard.
- Epee wiring must meet the current standards in effect as of August 1, 2013. For more information, please see http://www.fencingofficials.org/blog/2013/05/wiring-epees/
: Seeding for Youth Events shall be based on the following order:
1. Current national rolling point standings according to age group and weapon. This filters down the entire list, not just the top 32 as done in a NAC.
2. Letter ranking with year classification
3. Athletes with neither of the above are seeded on a random basis after the athletes who are seeded by the preceding factors.
Seeding for Cadet Events will use National Cadet ranking within classification, then classification/year.TOURNAMENT FORMATPlease note new Y10 and Y12 DE formats for the 2013-2014 season as designated by the USA Fencing Board of Directors and Youth Development Committee.
POINTS AND CLASSIFICATION EARNINGS
- All events will be one round of pools with 100% promotion to direct eliminations. Pools of 6 or 7 (whenever possible; however, equal pools sizes should be used per SYC guidelines) with 100% of the fencers promoted to a DE tableau. Events with fewer than 11 participants may be two rounds of pools to direct eliminations.
- No fence off for 3rd place.
- For Y10 direct elimination bouts are 10 touch bouts (2 three minute periods with 1 minute break in between). During the 1 minute break, ONE person, designated by the fencer (a teammate, coach, or parent), may be on the strip with the fencer.
- For Y12, Y14 and Cadet events, DE bouts are 15 touch bouts (3 three minute periods with a 1 minute break between). During the 1 minute breaks, ONE person, designated by the fencer (a teammate, coach, or parent), may be on the strip with the fencer.
- SYC's are national point events and serve as qualifying paths to national tournaments, therefore, no events at an SYC may be combined regardless of number of entrants.
- SYC Competitions award points to the top 40% of the field regardless of where the cut off occurs, within a pool round of a direct elimination bracket. For example, if there are 17 fencers in an event, 40% of 17 is 6.8. Only the top 6 finishers, not the top 7 finishers, earn points.
- Classifications may be awarded only at tournaments at which electrical apparatus for the scoring of touches is used. The competition must meet or exceed criteria in Group C1 or higher to award changes in classification. Please refer to the Classification Chart for more information.
- Points, classifications and qualification are not finalized until complete results, membership forms and program service fee are received by the National Office. Fencers who earn a new classification on Saturday or Sunday of the tournament may not use that classification for subsequent events on Sunday or Monday of this tournament.
- National points are not earned for Cadet events, nor is this a qualifying event for Cadet.
Location: Irving Convention Center
500 West Las Colinas Boulevard
Irving, TX 75039
The venue has complimentary wi-fi access throughout the building.
For directions to the venue by DART, train, taxi, or personal vehicle, go to the Irving Convention Center website:http://www.irvingconventioncenter.com/facility-information/
There are coupons on their website for taxi and shuttle discounts and a printable parking map with driving directions. VENDOR INFORMATION
Exclusive vendor of fencing equipment and headline sponsor Absolute Fencing Gear
- Dallas Fort Worth Airport (DFW),
8 miles from venue.
- Dallas Love Field airport (DAL),
9 miles from venue.
We recommend using SuperShuttle: http://www.supershuttle.com/
. Host HotelsThe Hampton Inn Las Colinas
- SOLD OUT
820 Walnut Hill LaneComfort Suites Las Colinas
Irving, TX 75038
$72/night rate is good through 8/16/2013. Once the cut-off date has passed the remaining rooms go back into inventory and will be subject to the Best Available Rate
The hotel amenities include:
- LIMITED AVAILABILTY
1223 Greenway Cir.
Irving, TX, US, 75038
Phone: (972) 518-0606
$79/night rate is good through 8/16/2013. Once the cut-off date has passed the remaining rooms go back into inventory and will be subject to the Best Available Rate
The hotel amenities include:
- full hot breakfast
- Complimentary airport shuttle
- Complimentary high speed internet access throughout the hotel
- Complimentary shuttle is available to take you to/from the venue and to local restaurants within a 5 mile radius of the hotel
- Microwaves and Refrigerators in all rooms
- All-Suite Guestrooms
- 42" HDTV Flat Screen's with Free Movie and expanded HD Cable Channels
Reservations will be made by individuals calling the hotel directly 972-518-0606. Guests should ask for " North Texas SYC"
UPDATE 8/15: NEW HOTEL ADDITIONHilton Garden Inn Las Colinas
We have secured an additional 10 double rooms at the rate of $79/night. These rooms will go quickly!
Address: 7516 Las Colinas Blvd, Irving, TX 75063
Room Block: Super Youth Circuit
For additional hotel information please contact Debbie Roberts
with the Irving CVBThings to do in Dallas-Fort Worth:
- Perot Museum of Science
- Dallas World Aquarium
- Hurricane Harbor
- 6 Flags Over Texas
- Dallas Zoo
- Allen, TX, Premium Outlet Stores
- Grapevine Mills Outlet Stores
- Fort Worth Stockyards
Contact email for more information:
Brenda Waddoups: email@example.comBout Committee
Brenda Waddoups - Bout Committee ChairArmourer
Ovy Waddoups - Head ArmorerConfirmed Referee Cadre
David Sierra - Referee Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Abdelwahab Abdelaziz Head Referee
Gerrie Baumgaurt Head Referee
Osvaldo Diaz de Souza
Event details may change at any time, always check with the event organizer when planning to attend this event or purchase tickets.